On February 14, 1982, my son Ben was born. Little did I know the true significance of him choosing that day to enter my life. The gift of love that he has given me is more than I ever could have imagined possible. Nor did I know what it would take for me to fully receive that gift. On March 4th, 2001 he left this world unexpectedly through suicide and showed me to March forward with the love that he shared and would continue to share with me. Now here I am 13 years later continuing to receive the love that he offers to me as I discover what a parent's love really encompasses.
It would be a tragedy to keep this all to myself, although I know in my heart that having received this for myself was the first intention. It has given me a life I love living and a self that I love being. Now I share it for all parents to receive.
Ben has shown me that a Parent's Love...
- Is forever and nothing can diminish it, not even death
- Empowers the child to step into his/her own greatness
- Allows a child to make choices that may be hard to live with and we may trust all choices have Divine purpose.
- Gives us the opportunity to learn from our children if we open our hearts and allow ourselves to be transformed through their presence.
- Always tells our children that they are perfect just as they are
- Reminds us that we are doing the best we can in each and every moment.
- Teaches our children that we are all infinite beings with infinite possibilities
- Teaches that there is not a place for judgment, only support and encouragement.
- Gratitude is the key to being and receiving love.
- Opens their hearts to pain and heartache as they step into deeper love and understanding of oneness
- Connects to a child forever!